Wednesday 5 March 2014

PICTURED: A PUPPY has miraculously survived a 12-MILE round-trip stuck in a car engine.


Puppy survives 12-mile trip trapped under car bonnet 
Traumatised Betty Boop was found shaking in fear after the half-hour journey in her neighbour's car - but completely unharmed otherwise.
The three-month-old pup's owner Gary James only discovered what had happened once Gavin Juliette, 42, returned home to Ordsall, Manchester.
Gavin, who had been visiting his mother-in-law in Swinton, said: “All we could hear when we got back was this yapping.
“We thought it was coming from the garden but then I put my ear to the bonnet. I opened it and the little fella was just there glaring back at me, I couldn’t believe it.


“It’s not the smallest dog and I still can’t quite work out how it managed to get itself there. It’s absolutely bizarre.
“I still don’t get how it survived, with the heat in there and the fan spinning.”
The pair dismantled the engine and finally set the little Jack Russell free.
Dad-of-three Gary, 33, said: “We just couldn’t believe what had happened and it was even harder to believe how she’d survived.
“It’s a good job Gavin wasn’t going to Blackpool or he’d have probably ended up with a hot dog.
“When I first saw her in there I thought she was bound to be injured or badly burned - but, apart from being covered in oil and a bit shaky, she was fine.
“Now she’s completely back to normal and playing with the kids as if nothing happened. I’ll definitely be keeping the front gate locked from now on.”